Racing Post has been syndicating data and premium content to a range of business customers, such as bookmakers, for a number of years via XML (Extensible Markup Language) feeds.
More recently, the majority of new customers making enquiries about Racing Post data and content ask if we have an API (Application Programming Interface) available and some of our existing customers have expressed an interest in moving to an API as the method for getting their data.
With that in mind, we have been working hard over the past six months to make a Racing Post API a reality and we are pleased to say this is now available.
Why an API?
- Standards Quite simply, APIs have become the standard way to access 3rd party data. As such, developers are familiar with working with APIs to get data.
- Overheads There is no need for the customer to maintain and secure additional infrastructure such as an SFTP server.
- Consistency An API means that Racing Post can provide a consistent interface and data to all B2B customers and products.
- Accuracy Data will always be up to date at the point the API is queried. In the XML via SFTP world, the XML file contains a snapshot of data at the time it is generated. Using the API, customers can re-query the API for updated data at any time.
The full range of Racing Post horseracing data and greyhound data is available from the API via different endpoints and we can offer different packages of endpoints to suit different customers. Data and content includes:
- Pedigree (horses)
- BetFinder (horses)
- Bet Generator (greyhounds)
- Best bet prompts (horses)
- Signposts (horses)
How does it work?
Our API runs on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure to ensure it is highly available, secure and highly scalable in order to meet demand as the number of customers accessing our data in this way grows.
The customer application makes a call to one of the Racing Post API endpoints which returns a JSON response containing the corresponding data.
Racing Post B2B caters for all digital content requirements across web, mobile, tablet and retail. But we are more than just a data provider – we enhance raw data with the best and most recognisable content authored by the biggest names in sports betting. Racing Post B2B offers an unrivalled worldwide content portfolio for bookmakers and media associations. Acknowledged throughout the racing and gaming industries, the Racing Post creates bespoke products suited to your audience that will enable your company to maximise profitability by offering unique data, editorial or multi-media solutions.